As the temperature outside climbs, so are we! Just two months after incorporation, our Executive Board has adopted vital policies that should be in place in all nonprofit organizations. Instead of being silenced when you have concerns about the way we do business, we embrace every comment and concern. Instead of "Zero-tolerance" you will find that I'm Positive, Inc. sincerely serves our community first with an open mind to the unique needs of the community, and each individual within it. To view our policies, you can browse them by clicking on the following links:
- Open Door and Whistleblower's Policy - So you can voice your concerns and comments without fear of being silenced.
- Conflict of Interest Policy - Prevents us from conducting unfair business practices.
- Compensation Policy - Even though everyone is unpaid volunteers right now, we needed to have a compensation policy in place to protect the organization at the time we are able to offer compensation packages to the folks that work for us.
First, our Open Door Policy prevents us from retaliating against anyone that wants to be heard. As a nonprofit organization, we are here to serve you. If we are doing something wrong, or if you have a suggestion on how we can do a better job, we welcome your input! After all, if the community we serve is not happy, then we are not doing our jobs. Next, our Conflict of Interest Policy is what legally prevents us from conducting business with anyone involved with the organization without the transaction being approved by the Executive Board. Lastly, our Compensation Policy requires the Executive Board to approve compensation packages for anyone paid in excess of $50,000 per year.
After the policies were in place, we began to explore the vast world of fundraising. As we continue to dive deep into this exciting facet of our business, we would like to highlight some of our fundraising channels:
- We-Care.com - An online shopping website with thousands of merchants that donate a portion of every sale to I'm Positive, Inc. - this means you get to donate while you shop!
- We-Care.com Reminder - A seamless browser plug-in that displays a small reminder at the top of your screen when you stumble on to a website that participates in the program!
- Positive Partners Program (3P) - Currently under development, we are partnering with individuals and businesses that want to support I'm Positive, Inc. by either donating a portion of their sales or making a pledge to donate a portion of the sale back to the organization!
- Donate Button - Located on every page of our website (on the right side) you will find the "Donate Now!" button. This button will take you to a secure online processing page on PayPal's website to complete the donation!
One of the most important functions of a nonprofit organization is convincing individuals and businesses to donate their products and services to the organization below "retail cost." From the day this organization was thought of, our team of supporters have been hard at work in reducing and eliminating our costs by finding the right business partners. Here are a few of our cost-related accomplishments:
Grassroots.org - Service grant that provides us with our toll-free phone line, SEO consulting, logo design, compliance software, business consulting and even our We-Care.com platform. These services are offered free of charge to nonprofits that apply and last for one year. Our year ends in December so it is important for us to start bringing in money.
Savings: Estimated at $10,000!
QuickBook Premier Nonprofit Edition - Essential for any accounting application, we have a tailored finance program that can support our specialized needs as a nonprofit organization. Regularly $399.95; lowest available discount for the public is $319.96
Savings: Our Price: $279.97 - more than 30% savings!
- Schedulicity - As our Positive Partner Program (3P) grows, we will need to schedule appointments for the various services that will be provided. As opposed to hiring someone to manage the scheduling, we have turned to advanced technology to reduce our costs. Schedulicity has generously donated their premium online scheduling service free of charge in support of our organization! Regularly $479.40
Savings: Our Price: FREE - 100% savings!
Staples Rewards Program - A free program to businesses that entitles us to earn cash back and upfront discounts. To-date, the amount of cash back rewards and discounts have enabled us to purchase a 2-line business phone for "free." At our negotiated discount rate of 20% off everything in the store, we have saved over $100! The program is free; lowest available discount to the public is 10%
Savings: FREE 2-line business phone using rewards points ($70 value) and 20% ongoing savings!
More updates to come as we prepared to file for tax exemption, move in to our first office and launch our first services!
President & Executive Director
Office: 888-799-9355 ext. 6001
Direct: 702-534-5HIV (5448)